Tammy LR Meserve

Edgecomb resident Tammy LR Meserve says she knew she wanted to become a writer from a very early age. Born and raised in Damariscotta, Maine that dream followed her from the age of seven right on into adulthood.

"I have always been passionate about words,” said Meserve.  “As a young child, I remember telling my dad that I wanted to become a writer when I grew up. He encouraged me to follow my dreams. He was my biggest fan. When I was about nine years old, my father introduced me to local award winning author, Mary C. Jane of Newcastle. Mrs. Jane wrote children’s mysteries and became a wonderful friend and mentor.”

As an adolescent, Meserve began submitting poetry and feature articles to local newspapers and church newsletters and enjoyed seeing her words in print. The list of publications to highlight her work soon included several national magazines.

The publishing experiences during her youth led her to begin writing regularly. Since 1988 and the birth of her son Tyler, she has written for various publications, statewide and nationally and has won varied awards for Journalism.

Meserve began working on her first children‘s book, “There’s a Moose Loose in the Hoose!” in 2007. Since its publication in 2009, she has written a second book and is currently at work on her third.