Medea Harris

Medea Harris is the author of the Ruby Fairy series.

What are your ties to Maine?

My mother grew up in Maine, and, beginning at age 3 months I spent my summers and most holidays in Maine.  Some of my fondest childhood memories are from the summers I spent in Andover and Boothbay with my family.  It was a tradition I was able to start with my own family some fifteen years ago until we were fortunate enough to move to Southport full time last year.

While the story of Ruby Fairy initially takes place in Orlando, Florida, our children have always thought she has a fairy house somewhere in Fairy Forrest on Squirrel Island.

What are the most important themes in your work?

The most important themes in the Ruby Fairy Stories are friendship, kindness, and knowing that it is okay to believe in a little magic at any age.

Tell us about the book you will be signing at Books In Boothbay this year.

This year, I will be signing two books: Introducing Ruby Fairy: The Story of Ruby and Lilley, and Ruby Fairy and the Spider’s Web.

What do you hope reader will discover in your latest book?

I hope readers will just enjoy the story. I also hope that if you have a little girl in your family, she may be able to relate to Lilley and Ruby.

What have you enjoyed about attending Books in Boothbay?

We have attended Books in Boothbay in the past. We love that it is at the Railway Village. We especially love that our children have the opportunity to meet “actual” authors!

What do you feel about the future of our local libraries?

We feel that libraries are so important to communities. Call us old fashioned, but nothing beats holding a book in your hands, and the feeling of turning the pages of a book.  Libraries provide a valuable community meeting place and, MOST IMPORTANTLY,  books are available for FREE to EVERYONE!

Come meet Medea Harris at Books in Boothbay on July 11!