Teri Lee

Teri Lee is the author of Troubled Spirits, a YA paranormal novel.

What are your ties to Maine?

I was born in Maine and spent most of my life here. I love to gaze up into the clear night sky. It's just not the same anyplace else. And there's nothing like breathing in the ocean air, listening to the sounds of the waves crashing and the gulls calling to each other. No matter where I travel to, a piece of me always remains in Maine.

What is your favorite thing about writing in Maine?

I think what I like best is the freshness of our state. It keeps my mind clear and everyplace I look I find inspiration. Beyond that, the Maine way of life is unique, it's a different pace. Mainers are hard working, strong minded, steady as you go people. The type of characters that can carry a story and some time even take it over.  important themes in your work?

Tell us about the book you will be signing at Books In Boothbay this year?

Troubled Spirits is a YA paranormal novel. After the sudden death of her father, sixteen-year old Annie and her mother move to a fictional town just off the coast of Maine. Annie doesn't believe in ghosts. To her the supernatural is nothing more than a figment of her mother's over-active imagination. So when her friends coax her into joining them on a ghost hunting expedition, she is convinced they will discover nothing more than disappointment. Instead she discovers that ghosts are real. And some ghosts do not wish to be disturbed.

What do you hope readers will discover in your latest book?


My favorite part of reading (and writing) is getting lost in the story. This is what I hope for those who read my book.

What do you feel about the future of our local libraries?

Libraries are an essential part of our community and therefore must be protected, preserved, grown. There is magic beyond the doors of a library. Magic that can't be found anyplace else.

Come meet Teri Lee and other spooky authors at Books in Boothbay on July 11!